Tip #2 Sleep Properly
- Sleep on your back or your side, NOT on your stomach
- Keep your spine in a straight line while you sleep. If you are a side sleeper, keep your head in line with your shoulders and your shoulders in line with your hips, don’t bend forward into a “C” shape. If you sleep on your back, don’t use a thick pillow that pushes your head up, keep your ear in line with your shoulders.
- Use a mattress that is firm enough to prevent you from “sinking” into the bed and bending your spine, yet soft enough not to cause pressure points.
- Avoid sleeping for long periods of time on a couch or recliner.
- Get adjusted regularly! Proper spinal alignment and motion allows your body to better relax at night, which helps you sleep better and wake up feeling well rested.